Originally I had intended to only need to spend a day or two updating the original dragon mesh from the advanced tech project. However I hit a huge snag when I first started editting involving 3ds Max corrupting any file in which I tried to edit the dragon mesh. Its taken me about a week to track down the problem which seems to have stemmed from using a symmetry modifier, and collapsing it down during advanced tech once it was time to texture and rig. When I then tried to edit again at the beginning of the major project and add a new symmetry modifier Max just couldn’t cope and crashed, corrupting the file in the process.

This has unfortunately already pushed me behind schedule and leaves me scrabbling to play catch up. None the less, here is the finished dragon mesh, now with wings and a tidier back (which it did’t have during advanced tech).

 

 

Advertisements